Thursday, June 20, 2013

MIA

Yes, it's true, I've been MIA from blogworld. Beginning in the middle of April, I came down with a mysterious, India-induced illness. I am still recovering from symptoms that included persistent and recurring fever, stomach aches, body aches and a cough. Mostly, though, I was suffering from an extreme lack of energy and needed to focus all efforts on parenting and finishing the end of the school year. The silver lining of the whole experience is that I lost between 10 and 15 pounds.

The other thing that being sick has made me think about is whether or not it's finally time to leave India.  Chad and I have been in New Delhi for five years, and we will definitely be going back for a sixth year of work. Beyond that, we have no commitments. Is it time to leave?  Who knows?

Meanwhile, the boys are growing up right before our eyes. On June 4, we came back to the US for vacation, and during the first week that we were here Cedric and Ezra increased their vocabularies exponentially. They say so many words now. And, yes, they repeat everything. We've been enjoying time with our families.

I promise, now that I have some down time and am feeling better, to be a better blogger!  Here's a picture of my family on our farm in southern Ohio.


Cheers,
Douglas 

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are better and the boys are enjoying time in the US. Will be interested to hear the considerations you two have about where to live next. It is clearly a topic with lots of options and few right or wrong answers. Hope there will be more posts and pictures..... You and your family are wonderful and a source of joy to many.
    Fingers crossed so tight about the Supreme Court!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey boys -- just resurfacing in the blog world myself and have read backwards to catch up on yours. Amazing how much your boys mirror our girls -- Clara is small and occasionally a little shy with new people, but adventurous. Olivia is more social, but can whine quite a bit when you're not paying her attention.

    I'm intrigued about this "rug party" of which you speak. Tell me more. :)

    Jason

    ReplyDelete