Saturday, May 19, 2012

Will We Ever Leave?

All joking aside, nights like tonight make me ask, "will we ever leave India?" Tonight we had our end-of-the-year party where the whole school gets together and says goodbye to those that are moving on. It is one of the saddest events of the year and it is hard to keep a dry eye. None of our inner circle is leaving, but it was really hard to see those that are leaving give their going away speeches. There are definitely hard days in Delhi. There are days when I say, "Take me to the airport I'm leaving"; and then there are days when I say I can't imagine ever leaving. It is nights like tonight that remind me of why we keep coming back. The sense community, the adopted expat family, the genuine sense of belonging, and the open bar are what keeps us coming back each year. I have never met anyone that is leaving this place angry. Everyone leaves happy and with gratitude in their heart.

Chad

1 comment: