Friday, March 23, 2012

Baby's World

I came across this poem today by Indian poet Rabindranath Tagore, and thought it beautiful and worthy to be shared:
I wish I could take a quiet corner in the heart of my baby's very own world. I know it has stars that talk to him, and a sky that stoopsdown to his face to amuse him with its silly clouds and rainbows.  
Those who make believe to be dumb, and look as if they nevercould move, come creeping to his window with their stories and withtrays crowded with bright toys.  
I wish I could travel by the road that crosses baby's mind, and out beyond all bounds; Where messengers run errands for no cause between the kingdoms of kings of no history; Where Reason makes kites of her laws and flies them, the Truth sets Fact free from its fetters.
Meanwhile back in reality, the boys had their second trip to FRRO today. Yes, as long as we plan on staying in India, there will be a yearly pilgrimage to the FRRO. Extra fun for a friday, right? 


Peace, 
Douglas 



1 comment:

  1. I know he's not an Indian poet, but this sounds a bit like Kahlil Gibran (who is from Lebanon). The Prophet is one of my favorite books. This is super sweet.

    ReplyDelete