Monday, February 18, 2013

Research: 12-18 Month Behavior

I often joke with others that we're running our own little twin experiment, and usually leave it to them to figure out which twin is serving as the control group. What would happen if we only let one listen music performed exclusively by Dolly Parton?

Ever feel like things are getting away from you?
In all seriousness, here are some things I've been reading about development and behavior from 12-18 months.

Here is a brief summary of what play looks like at various ages, including 12-18 months.

Here are some behavior management strategies for pre-toddlers.

The American Academy of Pediatrics has a quick two-pager about eating habits, behavior management, growth development and vocabulary development for this age.

And, a bit about non-violent communication just for good measure.

2 comments:

  1. You are my resource KING.
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While we aren't over the 12-month hump, I will be super happy when I can pose for a photo while by daughter is in the ocean without thinking she's bobbing for clumps of sand. Obviously being over a year makes babies a little wiser (as I scoop tablespoons of sand out of my daughter's mouth). Thanks for all the great info...and congrats on another contract in India! :-)

    ReplyDelete